The Feldenkrais Method?
“What I’m after isn’t flexible bodies, but flexible brains. What I’m after is to restore each person to their human dignity. ”
The Feldenkrais Method is a powerful system of mind body re-education. It teaches you to:
- Do less: reducing effort increases sensitivity which leads to finer improvements
- Soften your focus: with a softening of attention you become more present to the wider picture
- Breathe: if breath is restricted, so too is movement
- Notice self-judgement: we all have an inner critic that gets in the way of how we act and move
- Harness curiosity to reveal new options and versatility
- Embrace mistakes as opportunities to explore and expand possibilities
- Become a process oriented learner and less fixated on the end result
- Make distinctions: getting specific about what you are doing helps you refine your action
- Include more of yourself in the movement, to spread load through your system and create ease
Find out about…
Functional Integration® is a process of assisting you into your own self awareness. The learning is your own and able to be brought powerfully forward into everyday life.
“What you truly learn best will appear to you later as your own discovery”
Functional Integration® sessions
If you would like some more information, or a conversation about how this method may benefit you, please use this handy form.
I will respond according to your preference of email or phone.
I will always have a conversation with a new client before an initial consultation. So please feel free to fill in the form even if you are unsure.
Find out about…
Awareness Through Movement
Awareness Through Movement® classes provide the opportunity to catch ourselves in “the act” of habitual movement. Put more precisely, we catch ourselves in the very small but vast space between “the act” and the intention to act. This is the key to unlocking unconscious habits so we may observe, unpack, adapt and adopt.
“If you know what you are doing you can do what you want”
Awareness Through Movement® classes
Consider yourself. You have a whole lot of physical capabilities. You can roll, sit, stand and walk. What if I were to ask how well you do any of these? Do you know? Or do you do them as well as when you first learnt each action?
Awareness Through Movement classes are a way of training the awareness with which continual improvement can be made. With it life becomes ever more a journey into ease of movement.
I lead classes by verbal instruction, letting a movement sequence slowly and gently unfold. You have time to explore and experience yourself in movement at each step. Your system calms as you enter a state of curious investigation. As you begin to sense yourself you start making distinctions about what is easy, comfortable, difficult or effortful.
Through making distinctions for yourself you are able to put together a clear image of the movement and how you can engage in it to your best advantage. And so a picture is formed, an enhanced self image that is able to be brought into action.
Find out about…